- Added more ancestors of Jacob Sims c1775-1867 including NEW 6x, 7x & 8x Great Grandparents of ours living in Hampshire & Wiltshire, with new surnames Bunny, Thorne & Dore.
- Added more descendants of Jane Louisa Lindley 1867-1905 (now 19 plus 11 spouses) living mainly in the Lincoln & Portsmouth areas.
- Added more descendents of Frederick Kay (1870-1941) mainly in the Hulme area.
- Added a Story to John Alfred Bond (1878-1907) and his wife and daughter.
- Slowly adding latitude & longitude data to churches/locations, so that a map (on a "Places" tab) appears on the pages of any individuals linked to that church/place.
- Linked many more people to their entry on the Find-A-Grave website, and also linked them to their close relatives there.
Many people in our extended Lindley-Weldon-Bond family have had their DNA tested with Family Tree DNA or elsewhere. How these DNA test results compare with one another is helping us not only to prove the "paper trail" we've used to create our Tree, but also is helping us to break through the "brick walls", where the paper records seem to run out.
At last count there were 147 people known to be a part of our extended family who've been DNA tested but, as with many things in life, it's a case of "the more the merrier", as you never know which of us carries that missing piece of the jigsaw! Thankfully DNA testing in the comfort of your own home is very straightforward and quite painless these days. All it involves is either a simple cheek swab (a bit like a cotton bud) or providing a small sample of spit in a test tube (depending upon which company you test with).
If you have already been DNA tested, then please make sure we know that (you can use the email link, which you'll find at the bottom of every page). If you haven't yet been tested, but would like to know a little more about it, then just ask us! You can use the same link to get in touch, and you'll not be commiting yourself to anything by doing so.